Local Governments Can Begin Applying for KDLC Money Set Aside for Flood Relief

Starting today Letcher County and other local governments can begin applying for a piece of a $298 million pool of money managed by the Kentucky Department for Local Government to help rebound from the July 2022 Flood. Local governments, nonprofit organizations and for-profit businesses can apply for funding for projects addressing housing, infrastructure, economic development and resiliency. Mountain Top News reports the terms call for 80 percent of the money to be spent in the five most heavily affected counties, which are Letcher, Knott, Perry, Pike and Breathitt. The remaining 20 percent will be spent in 15 other counties including Floyd, Harlan and Leslie.